Over the last few years, there has always been the dispute between website designers and clients on websites developed completely in Flash & Actionscript. While they are definitely visually eye catching, they also have a strong negative effect.
Some Pros of having a Flash Website Design:
- Eye catching
- Easy to integrate certain features such as sound loops
- Reasonably Fast Loading
Some Cons of having a Flash Website Design:…
- NOT Search Engine Friendly. Search engine bots are unable to view the text within a flash website. This is by far the most crucial.
- Difficult to update. Whenever there is an update, the original source file (.fla) needs to be edited.
- Sometimes not user friendly and difficult to navigate.
- Browser compatibility issues – Not all users have flash installed in their browser. If flash is not installed, your site will not be displayed.
- Longer time to develop.
There is a perfect median to having Flash in a website by integrating it into the web page itself as opposed to creating a strictly Flash website. This way, the website can have the same eye candy but at the same time, be search engine friendly and user friendly.